Saturday, September 23, 2017

Charlotte the Garden Spider Comes to 2B...

Charlotte, the garden spider, arrived last Sunday in our classroom from former 2nd grade student, Annie Morrison and her parents, Craig and Heidi. They found her on their garage. When I heard they had located her, I asked if I could bring her inside as we were still reading aloud my favorite children's book, Charlotte's Web to the class!

Much to my surprise when I arrived on Monday morning and to my student's that we had a pet spider in our classroom. We were taken aback by Charlotte's Surprise & Delight that she delivered her egg sac overnight!

We continue to feed her daily with insects we've had come through our classroom...black beetles, crickets and a creepy pincher insect! Needless to say, we've learned a lot more about garden spiders since she arrived for us to now take care of until her egg sac hatches next spring!  If you have any information that would further enhance our hands-on learning of Charlotte, please let us know. ❤️🕷






No comments:

Post a Comment